After creating your new catalog and setting the preferences, you are ready for your first import.
When you open Lightroom, you should be in the new catalog you created during your Lightroom setup.
- Choose the Library module (or press G on your keyboard).
- Next to Folders click on the plus sign and choose Add Folder. Navigate to the folder where you want to store all your original supply files. This location will be different than your current Main Scrapbooking folder as we will be moving things to import them into Lightroom.
- Choose File > Import Photos (or CTRL/CMD + Shift + I).
- Choose Select Source > Other Source and then navigate to and select your main scrapbooking folder you created pre-class. Double click on it and then click Choose.
- File Handling Panel: Choose Minimal for Previews and check the box next to Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates
- Apply During Import Panel: Set both drop down menus in Develop settings and Metadata to None.
- Destination Panel: Choose By Original Folders in the Organize drop down menu.
- Destination Panel: Navigate to the folder you added in the Add Folder above and click on it to select it as the folder to move your files to. Choose Import.
Now you have most of your digital supply files in your Lightroom catalog. In the next step, we will start converting PNG files.